Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, January 11, 2023

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-REMEMBERING A VISIT TO COURTICE EBENEZER CHURCH CEMETERY

 Genealogy has changed greatly.

So many databases online.

With Canadian Headstones and Find a Grave, a cemetery visit is not always needed.

In my 38 years of research, I have made many cemetery visits.

While persuing my photo files, I found these pics from the cemetery of the Ebenzer United Church 1669 Courtice Road, Courtice Ontario.

This is the older section of the cemetery. The older Witheridge family members are buried there.
A view of the newer section with the older one in the background.
Osborne is a family name too.

I was lucky to attend a family reunion for the Witheridge family many years ago.

On one of our excursions to the area visiting the Courtice flea market then coming to this church property to have a picnic lunch Adolph had prepared for us. 

Then to take some pictures, it was a good outing in 2012. 

It is one location I would take any family members wanting to do a family history tour.

Find a Grave has the headstones too. So for Witheridge I have visited the site and copied some photos. But remember to give photo credit and acknowledgement due to copyright issues.

#courticeontario#ebenezerunitedchurch#witheridgefamily#osbornefamily#apicniclunchinthechurchgarden#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment