Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, January 8, 2023

RMEMBERING MOVIES I HAVE SEEN AS A COUPLE-DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE YOU LIKE TO SEE

 Adolph and I did have a different taste in movies.

When there were rentals from places like Blockbuster, I would say come home with a romantic comedy and he would come home with a drama full of shootings. Like Die Hard.

In our dating years one movie that stood out was Romeo and Juliette filmed in 1968. We actually saw it on Christmas Day 1968 at a theatre in Toronto.

In 1970 the movie that everyone loved- Love Story. I remember how it related so much to our life. When everyone was crying in the movie theatre Adolph made a joke about it. Many people looked at him with daggers in their eyes.

We loved Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. The Sting that we saw at the St. Clair Theatre.

The Graduate.

Adolph's favourite movie of all time was The Sound of Music. 

Being able to buy VHS tapes and DVDs allowed us to watch favourite movies as much as we wanted.

Ben Hur at Easter has been a movie I look to watch as it tells Jesus' story in an unique historical way.

Adolph loved Hayley Mills so any movies of hers were good for him.

The Godfather was iconic too. We saw it a movie theatre.

I loved The Way We were but any movie with Robert Redford was for me.

Rocky.

Network.

The French Connection.

James Bond Movies over the years entertained us.

Traditional Christmas movies like Scrooge and It's a Wonderful life were watched many times.

I liked to go to movies on our anniversary so we saw Four Weddings and a Funeral.

One Anniversary we went to see Letters to Juliette. Adolph fell asleep and stayed asleep for the whole film. I bought it on DVD when it came out. So I told him one Saturday night at home we could watch it together. You guessed it he fell asleep during the film again.

The last movie we saw at the movie theatre was Dunkirk. Poignant.

I tried some on demand movies at home when Adolph really did not go out anymore.

So when I watch a movie we watched together in days gone by it brings up those couple moments.

#movies#lovestory#thesundancekid#thesting#dunkirk#rocky#network#benhur#hayleymills#thegodfather#scrooge#it'sawonderfullife#thewaywewere#jamesbond#vhstapes#dvds#robertredford#moviesbringbackmemories#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment