Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, May 29, 2020

COVID-19 AND WHAT I MISS

Mostly I miss the ordinary family events. A simple dinner or backyard barbecue together.

I miss the grandchildren sleeping over at my house. The noise. The questions. Just the simple things. Yelling at them to be quiet. No fighting!!

The planes. The red eyes at 6 am. The afternoon planes. The evening planes. I love watching them go over my house on the path to the airport. I miss hearing them.

Having the opportunity to eat out at a restaurant with family.

Getting together with friends for coffee or a dinner or lunch.

Going to favourite events. The Quilts at the Creek is cancelled this year.



2019 memories. Glad I obsess when I visit somewhere with tons of photos.

Going to the movie theatre with a daughter. Any movie would do right now. I do use Rogers On Demand to see current films. But not the same in one's family room.

Day trips.



Last year's visit to Niagara On The Lake and wineries.


A real sporting event like a Jays game. Walking around downtown and not worrying about physical distancing. Although the walk could be doable with a mask and distancing.

Real meetings. ZOOM works. Webinars work. But sitting and talking with colleagues or acquaintances works better. I joined social events to have some outings with real people.

I miss the little things the most. I am making the best of my world. I am a lucky one with a house and a yard and social connections. So my world is not so bad.

But it is okay to miss the little things.
How about you?What are you missing?
#missingthelittlethingsinlife#socialconnections#rememberingpastevents#lotsofphotoskeepthememoriesalive#physicaldistancingcanwork#wearamasktoenjoybeingout#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment