Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, May 27, 2020

COVID-19 FATIGUE

Who is tired of COVID-19?

Raise your hand!

Well everybody raised their hand.

It is almost the end of May. For many of us we have heard about this situation since last November in China.

Then declared COVID-19 in February. Could only get infected through travel.

Then March and the parade of shutdowns.

End of May- 5 months more or less. But it seems so much longer.

Every time we think we are flattening the curve, something stupid happens. Trinity Bellwood Park and the hoards of people on Saturday.

Crowds in the USA denying and defying that the virus is real! " I am young and healthy it won't hurt me" said by many. " Everybody has to die sometime!"

Is a trip to a crowded beach really so necessary!!

Our shame in Ontario of the situation in the Nursing Homes. So yes many old frail people are dying but those that have been sick and recovered at home said it was not easy.

Wear your mask. Wash your hands. Physical distance. I follow the rules but so many do not.

There is no more we are in this together. There is angry for others- FOLLOW THE BLOODY RULES!!

We have come so far. But we have a journey to go. I want to shop without out the stress of worrying about bringing it home to my hubbie.

Or me.

I am tired of seeing celebrities in their homes whining about being home. Poor them in their staffed environments with tons of money!!

I am tired of the superficial people complaining about how terrible their life has become because some superficial event could not occur. My daughter went to a physical distancing and masked chiropractor session in the same building as the cosmetic surgery. The lineup for botox!! So no botox for two months!! Really! That was the sacrifice.

I want to see live sports events and concerts and festivals and fun stuff too happening again.

My first boo hoo was the cancellation of the EX!! I know too many crowds.

A movie at the theatre with my daughters would be nice too.

Okay those ZOOM meetings!! I would like to go to my social events in person again and see the people in real time.

I want the option of being able to enjoy the things I enjoyed.

I live with the hope that they will come again but in modified forms I am sure.

Nice weather and outside helps. My walks help as there are few people around and I can physical distance carrying a mask on my wrist if needed quickly.

                                                                    Too crowded.

Not more than 5 and maybe soon 10.

But waking up every morning and saying oh yeah the bloody pandemic is still here starts to wear on the mood and conscience.

How about you? Are you tired of COVID-19? What are you missing? What would you do when life reopens a little?
#covid19andfatigue#stayinghome#practicesphysicaldistancing#wearamask#washyourhands#followtherules#majoreventscancelled#missingmajorevents#Iwanttogotoamovie#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#cancellationoftheEX#cancellationofmajorevents#covid-19




No comments:

Post a Comment