Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, November 27, 2019

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS- USING ONTARIO COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS

news.ironware.ca

Although it can be tedious research, I have found some wonderful little stories and antedotes about some of my ancestors.

Searching the papers in Lindsay area also revealed information on other communities nearby.

So researching one family group let's me find information on others.

I have found some gold nuggets. I will share these stories in the particular family ancestor to enrich that person's story.

Genealogy research for BMD is important. But adding to the life of the person is so endearing.

One example was the blurb on one grandmother's wedding day. What dress she wore, her honeymoon outfit and where the couple would live.

So I will continue to dig deeper.

More stories to come at another date.
#ontariocommunitynewspapers#barb'sgenealogytidbits#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#writingupthoseendearingstories

No comments:

Post a Comment