Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 3, 2019

CONTAINERS HELP US CONTAIN OUR LIVES

With some Christmas preparation, just putting the items in gift bags unwrapped and labelled brought a sense of getting on top of the task.

We can contain ourselves in other ways too.

My daughter just did a kitchen cupboard do over. Containers labelled and organized shelves.

For me having a working day planner where I write what I want to do and what I have done. Feel it is a easy way to note activities and can see them. Also gives a sense of accomplishment of tasks.

However, life can get carried away. It can seems that we all going in too many directions. How to contain it?

There are too many resources about organizing our lives. Lots of books over the years have given suggestions. Pick one that may apply to you.
But keep it simple and doable. Back to the old adage- Less is More!!



Use 5 simple ideas rather than 25.

For example- real folders or digital with ideas, plans, etc.

Everything in its place. For example- kitchen drawers with each one having a designated theme. They can be messy. No need for obsessive organization. Goal we know where to find the item.

Containing our lives is more than just organizing a house. It is a way to have present moments, calm the energy, doable tasks for the day, meaningful tasks for the day, happy thoughts.

We can have our own invisible containers that help us get through the day. Ways to reduce our stress when life seems to fly away.



I make little boxes in my planner. It helps me see the ideas better. I think I make little boxes in my life too. For some it may seem like the idea of being grounded. Two feet on the floor.

For example, just having a quiet spot to drink a coffee, think, hug a child, hold hands with a spouse, work on a craft, read a book or magazine, pray.

Containment can bring contentment!
How do you contain your life? What strategies do you use?
#containment#containershelpusgetorganized#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#strategiesforgettingorganized#lessismoreadage#gettingontopoflife#life

No comments:

Post a Comment