Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, September 17, 2018

TWO MONTHS POST RETIREMENT AN SOME REFLECTIVE THOUGHTS

I feel like the kid in the car on  a drive. Are we there yet? Having enjoyed the summer months as I normally do, September arrived. Parts of my home are getting the do over. The declutter. The reorganization. The getting ready to blitz this retirement thing. To get to the real creativity pieces. I had wanted areas of my life to be better organized before retirement but life got in the way. I am often asked how it feels to be retired? Well different but the same. Don't worry about Sunday nights getting ready for Monday and the work week. Putting some new routines in place. Each day to have a mundane task to complete so more fun stuff can be done. Searching for social events in a different way. Knowing that being home can be socially isolating and no facebook time does not cut it for social time. Talking and relating in a real way is always better. I have accomplished some things because having goals and projects have not left me. Some people seem to think that to do little and relax is what retirement should be. Boring! Good for a day here and there. I have many things I would like to accomplish still in life. Getting to writing more projects is a goal. Working on that genealogy stuff is so important. Fixing this house to think about the next place over the coming year is an important goal too. Supporting my family and husband in a variety of ways. Perhaps ask me in a year how I really feel. Everyone said I would be busier than when working. Really- replacing 50 hours a week that work involved. Perhaps a different kind of busy. But cleaning my house and garden is important but actually rather boring. So some busy is a necessary part of life. If I am going to be busier than I want it to be activities I chose to do and enjoy! #thoughtsonretirement#beingbusyinretirement#howdoyoufeelinretirement#newroutinestoeasetheboredome#funstuffinretirement#declutteringthehouse#nomoreworryaboutMondaymorning#don'tbesoicallyisolated#goouttosocialevents#goalsforthedayareimportant#

No comments:

Post a Comment