Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, September 19, 2018

RETIREMENT BRINGS THE PURCHASE OF MAGAZINES

So I am finding myself subscribing to more magazines. A variety like the Walrus, Good Times -already had Canadian Living, Home and Beautiful and some off the shelves at the store. From Country Living to modern crafts, I am looking for themes and what interests people. What writers are writing! What is trendy! We have one daily newspaper but Adolph uses it for the sudoku he likes to do. Retirement is a chance to review and look and see what is out there in a bigger way than just the job and what comes through on the Internet. Reading from writers that really know how to write, use words and make the reader think.  I am a news groupie so watch news daily and check in on world events. Reading what is out there gives me a chance and opportunity to research so I can find some ideas on writing too. Writing and researching have always been a part of my life. This blog has given me so much latitude to write down ideas. However, perhaps it is time to take my writing to another level. I might try my hand at trying to write something for one of those magazines. There are sites online that include 1-3 page articles. So another avenue.  I want to write about my knowledge, expertise and the experiences of my profession while I still have those concepts fresh in my head. Of course, there is fictional writing that allows for more creative process. Genealogical articles are fine to write but they are factual, cite your sources, don't speculate and need to be clean. Fictional as you can fathom is another realm and may be fun. So back to those short articles and how each magazine likes their content to evolve. Have you tried your hand at writing? How is it going?
#purchasingmagazines#writingaboutcurrenttrends#writingaboutnewsworthyitems#freeingupmywritingenergy#readingtofindnewideasandtrends#magazinesarefuntoread#retirementgivestimetoresearch

No comments:

Post a Comment