Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, September 2, 2018

A POSTCARD FROM STRATFORD ONTARIO 2018

Stratford is a wonderful Ontario town. Home of the Stratford Festival. World renown array of plays and musicals with many famous actors vying for a chance to perform here. Ironically it was my first trip there. So I had the opportunity to go with two wondeful friends- Rose and Mary.  I have been to live entertainment and plays elsewhere but not in this place close to home. So I had the opportunity to see a Musical and spend some time exploring the downtown core and shops.
The Visitor's Guide for 2018 gives a wonderful overview of all the plays and activities of the season. Martha Henry is starring in The Tempest.


I bought a few postcards and took as many pictures as one can take when walking with friends.


My photo of City Hall on an August day. The building stands very prominent in the town. Historic buildings are always wonderful photo ops.


Stratford sits on the Avon River.  There lots of swans in the river. Rose informed us that the swans are paraded in a winter shed in the Fall where they stay until the Spring.



A gate to a pretty walkway inscribed with a Celtic phrase- Tir na nOg- meaning Land of Youth.
 Our Italian cruisine lunch was at Fellinis restaurant on Ontario Street.
Service was very good in a pleasant atomsphere. The combos were good. I had the Ceasar Salad with the Lazio pizza. Why? I was thinking of my husband who was born in Cassino, province of Lazio in Italy.
Don't you love their business card??

We ventured back to see the Musical- The Music Man at the Stratford Festival Theatre.
A fun upbeat show with lots of songs and dancing. The audience was receptive to it and the atmosphere in the theatre was joyous and friendly.
What I loved was the grounds? The landscaping was superb.
There is even a sweet statue of Shakespeare himself.
Overall a fun and informative day. The town is a blend of modern and historic buildings. A little town outside Stratford called Shakespeare was interesting for me. There were many antique shops. Too bad I am not in the market for new stuff. Just visiting Shakespeare another day to peruse those stores would have been right up my alley. I love old stuff and absolutely love antiques.
Would I go to Stratford again? A resounding yes. If I could not drive, there are buses from Toronto as well as rail service.
#StratfordOntario#StratfordFestival#themusicman#musicals#historicbuildings#oldcityhallinStratford#oldcelticsaying#landofyouth#oldtownsarefullofwonderfulsites#FellinisItaliancuisine#italianfood#laziopizza#fundaywithfriends#adayinthecountry

No comments:

Post a Comment