Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, April 30, 2018

THE ROAD TO RETIREMENT IN APRIL-IS THERE A RIGHT WAY

So received a notice one pension is approved. Told a few people at work. My manager wants to inform everyone this week and post the position. I wrote up the role of Social Work on the programs where I work. Still busy and covering for other programs with some workers being on leave. It is tough doing my own job and the job of others. Stressful too as I want to be available to Adolph and all his needs. Plus time to spend couple time. I am trying to organize areas of my life and house so once the day arrives I can quietly slide into the activities that will bring me joy and peace. One task is to get the tension right on one of my small sewing machines so I can begin a simple small quilt project to get me started again. Also purging some genealogy duplication so the paper mountains I have will be reduced and the real writing and projects will be ready to go. Although I have been tackling them for the last year anyway.  But at a slower pace so jobs can be done once and not needing to be corrected all the time or redone! The nice thing about aging is the reality to do it right the first time! So since I only hope to retire once from the outside working world , I want to do it right! But for those who have retired is there really a right way??

#roadtoretirement#pensionapproval#retiringtherightway#retirementstress#activiteswithjoyandfulfillment#sewingprojects

No comments:

Post a Comment