Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 22, 2018

THE ROAD TO RETIREMENT

Retirement planning begins years before the official event. What does it means anyway? Buying a sailboat and sailing the seas! Well not for this senior. Working past 65 or as I call it- my expiry date has allowed for some personal choices and assets. For me it only means from a regular job and now pensions can be collected. Retirement from work- well not really. To convert interests and hobbies into work is a goal. So I am only sharing the goal of retirement publicly for the first time. Few people know. Why? This senior does not like all the ageism and thoughts that go with it. Or how lucky you are! Life changes are intense and emotional. It depends what is needed to continue. I really view it as if I am just leaving the job for something new. As I put more things in place, perhaps I will share and perhaps I will not.
#retirement#work#hobbies#interests#life'schanges#emotionalrollercoaster#seniorpreparesforretirmentfromwork#seniorpreparesforthenextstageof lifeoutsidework#personalchoices

1 comment:

  1. I like your attitude, Barb. I feel the same way. Many things are hard to do but necessary for personal reasons. Some things we can still share through emails.

    ReplyDelete