Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, April 19, 2017

NANA SAYS SUMMER PLANNING HELPS WITH FUN

Parents have planned summer camps already. But there are moments to have some family times together. A trip to a cottage or weeks in Europe or south may be on the agenda. Grandparents often help with some summer babysitting too. So having activities in the home, day trips to local venues. For us there is the Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre, The Aquarium and if possible tickets to a sports event. Beach or pool jaunts use up 1/2 days. So parents needed to plan but grandparents can plan too. One of daughters suggested to get the kids helping with digging in the garden. Not a bad idea. Perhaps giving them a corner for flowers or a row of vegetables to maintain. My teacher friend then calls it a Natural Science lesson. So planning can include simple basic summer activities. Make sure the library card is up to date because trips to the library for some books is another easy fix.

1 comment:

  1. I get my library books in the form of Overdrive ebooks for my iPhone ... works for me!

    ReplyDelete