Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, April 1, 2017

NANA SAYS HANDMADE BLANKETS ARE BEST

In every family there are crafters. People who like to make things for their loved ones. My mother and mother-in-law were two from the previous generation. I am one for my immediate family. My sister-in-law Edna creates all the time and sells Christmas stockings. All my grandchildren were given at least three baby blankets by me when born. So recently when my little Allie girl told her Mom her blanket was too small but her favourite the race was on. Knitting as fast as I could, a bigger girl blanket was finished.
As requested, pink and purple with some white bands and the blanket was done. Always creating and making craft items to have a handy stash, I find when my hands are busy for a specific person the time spent has some love attached. There are handmade blankets everywhere in my house. To see my grandchildren wrapped up in one on a visit or sleepover melts my heart. Now they are realizing Nana made this. So any grandparents out there remember your loving hands can create loving projects for your family.
#Nana#blankets#handmade#love

1 comment:

  1. Despite the lack of comments on your recent posts, I've been reading and reflecting on all of them. I trust you and yours are well and enjoying the coming Spring. All four of us here are well and awaiting Spring as well.

    ReplyDelete