Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, January 2, 2017

#1 BARB'S REFLECTIVE 150-LOVING BEING CANADIAN

2017 is a birthday year for Canada. July 1, 1867 four areas or provinces decided to create the nation of Canada. People lived here for thousands of years so we are told. But not as one country or nation.So honouring all the people of this great land will be a piece of the larger puzzle.

I love being Canadian because it is the country where I was born. Most of my ancestors back many generations were born here too. For the next year, week by week and month by month, reflections on what it means to be Canadian will be written. Where the 150 items will take me and you will be the year's journey. From coast to coast, to local to our international image could be included. So although becoming a regular feature of this blog, other themes will continue to coexist.

 I encourage others to send me comments or ideas or reasons why Canada means so much to you.

2 comments:

  1. any chance that there may be native Indians in my lineage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not on the Ellis-English-Witheridge-Shaver lines. You would have to check your mother's side. I just had my DNA done and very European-English-Irish genes.

    ReplyDelete