Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, January 27, 2017

#17 BARB'S REFLECTIVE 150- CANADA

Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories. My last reflections were brief because one goal this year is to learn more about all the regions picking an idea, story or piece of history to feature in my Reflective 150. No one needs  geography or history lessons as I would hope that 150 anniversary has made people curious about our land. I try to implant history into my family. So for Christmas both family groups were given a book for children on The History of Canada. Lots of pictures and events in our history that is easy for them to learn and use for school projects. Well, have you pulled out your history books yet. Try finding some primary documents that are unedited. The Champlain Society has some. May even be available in the local library. Start with Champlain's travels as he touches on who, what, where  about early Canada. There are lots of references to his interactions with our First Nations across several areas of Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment