Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, February 24, 2015

LIFE IS LIKE BEING A GRANDPARENT

Grandchildren and the pleasure they bring has been missed by some. I know at least 3 people in my family/friendship circle that did not meet their grandchildren. They passed away too soon. One cousin died 6 weeks before her first grandchild was born. I think about the grandchildren born after a grandparent has died. Do I feel blessed to be able to part of my grand children's lives? You bet! I remember when my mother-in-law was dying, I told her I would tell my grandchildren about her. I have kept my promise- she is their Bis-Nonna- great-grandmother! Sometimes I mention her as their grandpa's mother. When my mother died, I told my grandchildren a little about her too. She actually had some pictures and knew about her great-grandchildren. Life brings different phases and stages. Some people we knew at a point in our lives did not meet the people we know now. I often think about how loved the little ones would be by the ones no longer around. Like my Unc who loved me! He would love all my kids and his great-grandchildren. So what is my point- my melancholy point- hug and love those who are with you today! When your grandchildren are running around and making lots of noise, try to enjoy the privilege of being part of their lives. Of course, go home to your quiet house knowing there will be another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment