Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, February 10, 2013

WHO NEEDS THE GYM WHEN WE HAVE A CANADIAN SNOWSTORM

A snowstorm means lots of work to maintain the essentials. Tredging home to and from work Friday during the storm took more effort and time. Shovelling some of the 29 cm- 1 foot of accumulation in the Richmond Hill area-Vaughan where the kids live received 34 cm- took more muscle power. With some 2 foot and 3 foot drifts in the driveway, it took awhile to take off the top layers Saturday morning. The road was uncleared. We live on a corner so had a 20 foot wide and 2 foot high band across the driveway. So more tredging to the bank and stores nearby- twice gave me a workout. An emergency call to the hospital and more tredging home in the snow. Some more walking and shovelling today. So does my body feel it? Yes my biceps seem as if I did a good weight routine, my butt feels as if I did many series of squats and my legs are well toned like I have been on a treadmill running! Overall, I feel quite fit! And no membership fee! Glad I have some A5-35 handy to soothe these well worked muscles. Heh bring on the next storm!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just glad we have a good snow clearing company taking care of our walk and driveway. Marg goes to the gym; I wander the house, cooking and cleaning. Enough exercise for my old body!

    ReplyDelete