Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, February 21, 2013

FINDING WAYS TO HAVE FUN-GOOD TO HAVE A SPOUSE THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH

There are so many things we need to do every day. Most of them are not fun. Being organized, keeping a tidy work area and being available to others may give meaning to life. But are they fun! Probably not! Do you try to find ways in a day to laugh? Do you smile at positive items on the news? Do you ever try to make sure there is a fun item in family events? For example, the big balloon for Adolph's birthday tied on the bannister is still there. Why? So when the grandkiddies come they can bang it, grab it and have some fun. It makes me smile. I want Nana and Granpa's house to be a place where yes there are rules and discipline but lots of fun! Does fun take planning? Of course, it does! Not malicious practical jokes fun but just an opportunity to laugh, relax and enjoy! Do you ever stop and listen to the mood at family and social functions? Do you hear laughter? Do you see smiles? If not, why not? Children find simple, creative ways to have some fun. I watched my grandchildren on a recent sleepover drag a branch around the garden using it in their play. They were laughing and playing- falling in the snow. Okay, if I dragged that branch it would not be the same fun and might look silly for an old lady to be doing it but there is a point. Sometimes by just stopping and looking for ways to have fun in our daily routines brings some joy to our soul. Some of my readers of this blog often find something funny to say in the comments. Does it make me smile-you bet! Do you know people in your life who are just fun to be around but you can not pinpoint why? Happy people are more fun! Positive people are more fun! Dead beats, miserable people are not! I have been lucky to have some fun people in my life. My husband makes me laugh! There are some family branches like the Ellis clan who have a great sense of humour! Life is really too short not to find fun. The serious stuff will always find us. So maybe it is time for me to seek out more fun themes for my posts periodically! What do you do to have fun? Have you laughed today?
#whatmakesyoulaugh#myspousemakesmelaugh#balloonsarefun#celebratingwithfamily#positivepeoplearemorefun#whatmakesyousmile#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

2 comments:

  1. Laughter is the best medicine. "The wit makes fun of other persons; the satirist makes fun of the world; the humorist makes fun of himself, but in so doing, he identifies himself with people — that is, people everywhere, not for the purpose of taking them apart, but simply revealing their true nature" (James Thurber).

    ReplyDelete