Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, February 24, 2013

A POSTCARD FROM THE SISTINE CHAPEL



A trip to Rome Italy is not complete without a visit to Vatican City to see the Sistine Chapel-Cappella Sistina. Not allowed to take any photos as it may damage the paint, postcards are bountiful. Don't you love the closeup of " the creation of man."

The detail in the painting is extraordinaire. Michelangelo was such an expert artist. Being able to purchase as many art cards as possible bring back so many memories and a chance to reflect on the amazing art.

I have been fortunate to be able to visit the Sistine Chapel twice. It is so incredible. If I ever return to Rome, it will be on my itinerary again. Have you been to this beautiful room in your travels?

1 comment:

  1. I've never been there, though I have often wished I could see it first-hand. I've had to settle for photos done by others. And, I know from seeing other original pieces of art by different masters, that viewing art first-hand is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete