Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, February 5, 2016

A WALK IN THE MALL-A NEW CANADIAN TRADITION

Jokingly I told my husband I am going to write a sequel to the movie- A walk in the Woods. He has now become a Mall walker! People who go to the local malls before they are open and walk. Safe, supervised, well lit and no ice or snow! Since his surgery, he has realized that walking is a good and safe exercise! Hum! Many of you know that I have used walking as my primary exercise for years. When ambitious I do some weights and stretching, dancing, yoga moves to strengthen my muscles. Right now I need to be more ambitious. Some people walk their dogs. So the third sequel could be- A walk in the Park or walking the dogs! Or was that a song long ago! Walking is safe and easy.It does not need to be competitive. Although Adolph finds that many walkers walk faster than he does! He feels slow.Your own pace is the rule- no competition! Afterwards meeting with a group of guys to have a coffee and talk! Exercise and social! Good for the soul! For many elderly folks it is a true blessing. When Spring comes, the goal is to walk part of the way to work with me. Maybe he will have to pick up the pace! We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment