Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, February 15, 2016

HONESTY-THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

Honesty is one major way not to get caught in a lie. It pays to tell the truth the majority of your life. So yes most people have told a little white lie but is it worth it. Accept responsibility if a mistake is made. My fault, sorry! Don't blame others because honestly it will catch up with you. Honest people are refreshing. Okay, it is important that your whole life does not need to be shared. You can politely tell someone you do not want to share some information as it is private. So you can be private and honest. I was told once by some dishonest people- you are too honest about everything. I told them I am honest but not stupid. So a conversation with my husband recently made me think about this topic. Since I am honest, believe it or not I trust few people. Others must prove their honesty to me before I trust them. I often believe that few people are really honest. Fake people exist! Showy! When I find the honest ones, they are the keepers. Of course, I am nice and friendly with everyone! Beware of those that say- what you don't trust me. Be honest and answer no I don't! Remember some people's truth will not be yours. Memory can do that! Tell your stories the same way each time. It bores the crap out of family but at least no details are embellished! Teach children to be honest! But also teach them that not all people are honest so if they need to double check a story it is okay! Again if asked what you don't believe me, be honest and say no I don't! If you catch someone in a lie, if not a family member or someone for whom you care, let it go! Remember honest people are not the honest police! Keep yourself honest! It is a lifetime chore! Honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment