Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, March 6, 2024

NANA SAYS WHAT MEMORIES DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE TO YOUR GRANDCHILDREN

 I have mentioned it previously that I have an ongoing project of working on the memory boxes for my grandchildren.

Currently I am organizing the coin collection I have into 6 lots. It is not a big collection but there are some interesting coins. Old lira and old pesos and some earlier Canadian coins. Are they worth money, probably not!

I decided that doing this makes sure some special items to me will have a home with grandchildren.

What they chose to do with the items is up to them!

My stamp collection is another area I am making into 6 smaller ones of the duplicate stamps etc. The larger collection will stay intact. Doing this has helped me organize the collection better.

So whatever the grandchildren chose to do with it again is up to them.

I do not expect them to be collectors or enjoy my interests. I just want them to have a part of something that had meaning to me.

But other than things I want me to be a memory with them. So spending time and often not a lot of time to keep the relationships alive is good enough. Little moments.

Eating a meal together. Going to a hockey game. Giving a ride home to a grandson. 

Precious moments of just being together. 

And of course take lots of photos!

#nanasays#nanasaysspendtimetogether#notbeingalone#lovingyourgrandchildren#eatingamealtogether#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment