Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 23, 2023

POEMS BY BARBARA-DREAMS AND WAVES

 HE COMES TO ME IN DREAMS

His side of the bed

Where I lay my head.

Sleep.

Then.

Dreams bring him to me.

Well.

Walking

Talking.

His warm hands.

His warm heart.

With him in thoughts and spirit.

Morning arrives.

Planes go over. 

The Red Eyes from the west.

Reminder of trips taken.

And I return to the moment.

Before rising.

Remembering.

He is gone.

October 21, 2023


WAVES

Waves of an ocean

Some too high even for surfers.

Some easy to bounce joyfully. 

My waves

Are mostly in my head.

Come now and then.

Salt from the tears.

Stream down my face making them my reality.

October 21, 2023

#poemsbybarbara#waves#dreams#whatdowavesreallymean#dreamsbringhimback#earlymorningrealities#griefcomesinmanyforms#reflectivthoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

2 comments:

  1. Your fav cuz understands your grief, Barb ... some people say it will get easier with time ... I don't believe them ... it hasn't worked for me ... I tear up thinking of all those whom I've lost, thinking that, someday, we'll be reunited with them in heaven and then the grieving will be passed on to those we leave behind ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind words Roy. Narrative therapy says that a different relationship exists after death with the people we love. By writing and reflecting I try to remember the good bits. I find myself wanting to write more poems and short stories. I have a number I call the Widow Series. Maybe I will post them to my blog one day.

    ReplyDelete