Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 10, 2023

THANKSGIVING-A TIME TO BE THANKFUL FOR ALL THE JOY IN ONE'S LIFE AND YES PREPARING A BIG MEAL IS HARD WORK

 Thanksgiving brings family together.

Lots of good food.

Lots of work for the hostess/host.

Every family has the person that prepares the big meal.

In our family for now it is me.

It gives my working girls and families a break from meal preparation and cleaning on a long weekend.

For me it is an opportunity to clean my house in a big way after the slack cleaning of the summer.

This year however Thanksgiving came earlier due to October starting on a Sunday so the second Monday was early.

I had to scramble to get ready for the earlier meal.

Can I say I exhausted myself? Age really shows when major cleaning and work needs to be done.

Not as much energy as in my earlier years. Or maybe I was tired but it just did not bother me.

So the house is cleaner. The basement looks great and smells clean. So having the furnance on means less dust gets collected from the basement.

Meal preparation is a routine. Lots of preparation of veggies on the Saturday for the Sunday dinner.

But I think I will reduce the appetizers again and only one potato dish. I had mashed potatoes and small roasted potatoes. No one really ate the small potatoes. So just mashed at Christmas.

My daughters do some appetizers and desserts. So I no longer do baking for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I know. One day I will have to pass the torch for someone else to do the big meals. Right now I still do Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter with the girls inviting me to meals and other events in between the big ones.

So thank you Lord for giving me strength and the ability to host and be there for my family.

#thanksgivingishardwork#beingthereforfamily#preparingforfamily#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

1 comment:

  1. You fav cuz thinks it's time that you pass the torch, sit back and let the younger ones do the work ...

    ReplyDelete