Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 2, 2023

POEMS BY BARBARA-THE COUNTRY LANE

 THE COUNTRY LANE

                                             (Photo by Barbara Di Mambro)

Colourful

Fall at its best

Listen

Listening

Do you hear Indigenous ancestors?

Settlers struggling?

Farmers lament then joyful for their harvest home!

Modern cellphone chimes and Tic tok clamour!

But softly the rustling of the leaves under my feet.

Quiet reflection of past , present and what the future will bring me.

Autumn of my life ending.

Heading to Winter.

What will that laneway bring?

October 2, 2023

Barbara Di Mambro

(Copyright-2023)

2 comments:

  1. your fav cuz is remined of the cliche, you're a poet and you didn't know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am going to publish more. And of course write more. I find that I often write something then do not share it. So it is changing for me. Just write and publish. Little overthinking.
    Risk taking at any age is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete