Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, June 24, 2023

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-PERUSING THE 1931 CANADIAN CENSUS

 Although it is not indexed on Canadian Library Archives, I perused the two parent names.

Ancestry has indexed and made two errors on my paternal line.

The names are spelled correctly on the original page.

For Cortland Alton they have Garland Alton. So checking the original page is always a must. 

I will have to find a way to send a correction to Ancestry but I am not a member.

Also Leonie comes out as Leonis. I can always put the information in my stories of my family members.

One always hopes in modern times mistakes are not made.

Does a real person look at the original page and make the errors or is it AI?

It begs the question of how many errors are made constantly in the indexes?

So using the wild card in searching or sounds like is always a good way to find names.

What I did like about checking the 1931 census was to see both my parents as young people. They were there in 1931.

I will be waiting for Library Canada to index and double check they have done it correctly.

Now to find the FAN club on others will be a good thing. Adding these pieces of information to the histories is good.

#barb'sgenealogytidbits#cortlandalton#leoniealton#1931canadiancensus#findingfamilyinthe1931cenus#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment