Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, April 15, 2023

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ASKED-AREN'T YOU TOO OLD TO BE LIVING IN THAT BIG HOUSE

 Widows face a lot of crap.

Firstly being a widow in the first place sucks big time.

Secondly it sucks big time.

Thirdly it sucks big time.

With the nice weather neighbours are out and about.

Not bothering to chat but asking directly.

One- I heard your house may be on the town's plans. What are you going to do? When are you moving? Who did you hear it from? Well the neighbour behind me. That nieghbour does not talk to me but wants to talk about me!!

Two- Another neighbour says hi then says I am surprised you did not have a For Sale sign on your lawn.

Isn't the house too big for you. When are you thinking of moving??

Let's face it. If I were 90 but living with my 90 year old spouse no one would ask me about my intensions.

Somehow for some men an older- I am 73- woman living on her own is a topic of conversation.

Why? Can you tell me?

It is funny. My mother-in-law lived on her own for many years and no one in our family even questioned she should move or move in with a family member.

I am not a nosy neighbour so I do have difficulty with nosy neighbours and especially male ones.

Am I threatening that I am able to live alone?

What do you think?

#livingalone#nosyneighbours#beingabletocopeonmyown#reflectivethoughtsybarbara#barbaradimambro




No comments:

Post a Comment