Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 9, 2023

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-VIMY RIDGE-APRIL 9 1917-ERNIE WAS THERE

 For Canada the Vimy Ridge battles were so significant. Canada came of age.

For our family Ernest Adolphus Ellis, my maternal grandfather was there.

I have written about him on several posts over the years.




Toronto going to war.

April 7 2017 on the 100th Anniversary. And celebrations in France.

April 9, 2016.

The most significant post was April 9, 2011.

So if interested go to the side links for the year and find the month then scroll to the post.






You can read my article above I also posted it in several places in 2017 like my facebook page, Durham Branch of OGS and Toronto Branch of OGS.

Our family story never gets old. As long as we remember them, they live.

#vimyridge#ernieatvimyridge#canadiansinwwone#106anniversaryofvimyridge#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment