Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, December 28, 2022

CHRISTMAS REFLECTIONS-THAT WEEK BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR

 There is so much work leading up to Christmas.

With the day, the dinner, the presents all done, time to reflect on what it all means to me.

I grew up in a home with decorations, lights, Christmas stockings, big family Christmas dinner and the tree stayed up until New Year.

We always opened presents Christmas morning with the exception one year when we did it Christmas Eve because my stepdad had to work Christmas day flying people south.

When I was little, I would spend a few hours on Christmas day with my biological dad and Tante Lene.

When I became older, I spent time with them New Years day.

After marriage, Adolph and I had to divide our time between families. So Christmas lunch at his Mom's and dinner at my folks.

When my parents retired west, just one Christmas meal. But the Christmas Eve Seafood dinner became such a tradition. First Mama-my mother-in-law would do it. Eventually we did both Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner.

When our girls became busy with families on Christmas Eve, Adolph and I would have our two person celebration. We could include lobster.



Now with Adolph gone, I spend Christmas Eve divided between my two girls and families.

The gang comes to my house for Christmas Day. I set up three tables so the big boys can talk and have fun, one for the littles and the rest of us at the big table. Dessert usually has everyone at one table.


It is a blessing for me to celebrate with my family. Sonya takes great family selfies. We have some great family dinner pictures up to the last Christmas of Adolph's life.

So my treasures from Christmas are the people I shared Christmas over my life. The photos. The gifts that may still be in my procession.

Christmas lights on homes are wonderful too. I go by houses shouting love your lights.

Christmas is still one of my favourite time of year. I love summer too. So Christmas lets me get through a good portion of winter.

A book could be written on so many Christmas memories but this post is enough for now.

How about you? What reflections do you have of Christmas.?

#chirstmasreflections#rememberingChristmaspast#lovingbeingwithfamilyatChristmas#ChristmasEvefood#christmasandallitshoopla#misinglovedonesatChristmas#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment