Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, January 29, 2021

JANUARY NEARING ITS END-DID YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE?

The winter blahs compounded by COVID lockdowns are not very good for mood.

Limiting family contacts is difficult when living alone.

So phone calls, texts, emails and some masked door visits. I am trying to phone long distance family and friends.

My favourite thing is to make some goodies to take to the grandchildren.

They are on home schooling right now until they can return to virtual learning. I feel it breaks up their day a little.

Besides when I bake something the house has a good aroma in it. Tantalizing the senses helps with the mood.

I had some plans for January. I did not get everything done.

Restrictions so could not skate at my daughter's house.

Muddling my way through a couple of books.

Slowly knitting and crocheting some projects. 

Bills are done. Yeah!

Working on some personal family stuff.



Trying to finish some family history stories. We want to add certain documents and do you think I can find them? NO. Driving me crazy.

I am watching too much TV but I try to have something in my hands to keep me busy or at least productive.

Pushing myself to do things. Even walking to get the mail. Once outside I feel better. It is about 200 yards each way to my mailbox so a little outdoor exercise.

Celebrating my birthday was good- flowers, edible fruit, presents, homemade grandchildren cards, few pictures- hard when door visits occur, and take out food by both daughters and families.

I must admit I do feel down. It is hard to be rah, rah and positive. Usually I see the silver lining but not so much these days. 

I just feel numbed. Get up. Do some tasks. Keep going. Keep doing. Find meaning in every day.

Then I sit and watch the activities near my house. 

How about you? Has January been hard? Do you have bummed out moments, hours, days? Share your thoughts. Would love to hear from you!!

#januaryandtheblahs#hardtostaymotivatedduringcovid#whatactivitiesareyouworkingon#howisyourmood#areyoutryingtofinishsomeprojects#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#lotsofgoodbirthdayeating#tringtostaypositive



No comments:

Post a Comment