Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, November 30, 2020

FINDING PEACE IN GRIEF

 5 months since my beloved husband Adolph died.

Grief is an isolating and painful journey.

Personal for everyone.

Different for everyone.

It depends how it is entered. What was the circumstances of the death?

Initially I was just very tired.

Handled my grief well enough. But a lot of going through the motions.

Private tears. It is my way. 

No " povera me" for me.

So leading up to Natasha's birthday was hard for our family. The first without her Dad. Painful and lots of tears.

But then it happened after an afternoon nap. 

Peace in my soul. A different feeling.

Knowing Adolph is okay. He is in a good place. 

I will always miss him. But at peace I can live without him. 

Why? Because I was blessed to have had him in life. The memories. The love of our children. The love of our grandchildren. So he lives on through them.

#beingatpeaceingrief#griefisverypainful#findingpeaceingrief#knowinglifecangoon#knowingIcanlivewithouthime#Iwillalwaysmisshim#lovefromchildrenandgrandchildrengetmethroughitall#Iwillbeokay#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#grief#dealingwithgrief#gettingthroughgrief

No comments:

Post a Comment