Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, November 30, 2020

CHRISTMAS PREPARATIONS 2020

 The whole shop early for these covid days is not a new notion for me.

I always shop early. But I am still waiting for one family's requests. 

I like to get the grandchildren what they want from a Nana.

Of course they always love money or a gift card for their favourite store.

But the two littles ones need lots of presents under the tree. 

Little presents count. Little kids like to count the number of presents they receive. So rather than one bag with several things, all the things are wrapped separately so more to open.

I decorated two trees two weeks ago. I needed something festive in the house. My outdoor lights are indoor. I put them on the front window inside so I could turn them off easier then opening and shutting the front door. 

Since I cut branches on my front bushes the lights can be seen from the road. 

My preparations are in rote mode. My heart is not in it this year. But I keep going because the end result is usually appreciated by me.

I love Christmas lights so having light in the house is good for me.



No more lit fireplace fires. So I use the fireplace to put festive candles. I can light them safely in a safe spot.

My Christmas parcels have been sent. My Christmas cards have been sent. Maybe a day or two earlier than normal. But my Christmas newsletter will bring some hope.

So I will write more on my days.

How about you? How are your preparations going? Are they festive this year to make up for the COVID crap?

#christmaspreparations#2020preparationsaredifferent#goingthroughthemotions#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment