Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, June 18, 2020

THE SALVATION OF A DAILY WALK DURING COVID-19

Okay I always was a walker. Walked to work and home. Walking while retired.

However I have noticed that walking during COVID-19 reaches a new level for many people.

In our area physical distancing is easy as there are not crowds on the sidewalks where we walk.

So it makes it relaxing.

I carry a mask on my wrist just in case it is needed if walking by a group of people.

I do not walk by the bus shelter at Major Mackenie and Yonge as I do not know who was standing there before I arrived. So I cut across the little grass area to the sidewalk to go west.

I have noticed many more people have taken up the walk. Couples. Some people look like they have not walked in years. Stiff!!

Articles in ZOOMER have said brisk walking helps with a longer life expectancy. So brisk walking for some.

But not for me. Yes I walk faster on my walk. But I do not try to increase my heart rate.

WHY? I enjoy being out of the house. I like the birds and the view and the fresh air. I just like being out of the house.

It is so difficult to go anywhere without the fear of contracting COVID-19 but my walk is less of a risk.

So walking. My little walk to the mailbox in the afternoon helps with another venture out of the house. Sometimes chatting at a distance with a neighbour or two. The social thing is good too.

Remember any and all social interactions help with mental well being.

So do you walk? Does it help with your COVID-19 funk??
#walkingthroughcovid19#goforawalkformentalwellbeing#walkingandtheview#carryamaskwhenwalking#goforawalk#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment