Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, June 3, 2020

COVID19 AND MASK PRODUCTION FOR FAMILY USE

Cloth masks have become the norm.

I made about 5 previously for me. Then decided my girls and families needed some.

So I asked the grandchildren what colours they would want.
Red, Black and I don't care!!


While waiting for the 200 yards of elastic to arrive from Missouri Quilt, I cut out the rectangles of 6X9 inches for adults and 5X7inches for children. I cut and ironed the FUSE on each piece of fabric.



I had stitched the elastic to the pieces for extra tightness.Sewing the three sides by machine.
 Turned and pinned the pleats into place. I chose to hand sew around the edges. My machine's tension is difficult to regulate. I did not want the frustration of tangled threads.Top stitching would be nicer, oh well!!
 My Sunday progress.

 Continued to sew on Monday Morning.
 Finished before lunch. Do you like the little ones I made for two grandchildren's stuffies??


After the picture into the washing machine to take away all my germs.


Let them dry overnight. Ironed first thing Tuesday morning and bagged for each family.

It felt good to make the mask delivery to them. Taking a little break this week from any more sewing to tidy and finish other projects.
How about you? Have you made cloth masks for yourself?? They are very easy to make. If not by machine, easy to hand sew if necessary.
#masks#clothmasks#colourfulmaskforfamily#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#sewingthroughthepandemic#masksareheretostay#makeamaskforfamily#simplemasksforfamily

No comments:

Post a Comment