Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 25, 2018

PALM SUNDAY-TIME TO SEE A POSTCARD FROM ISRAEL

Lucky to be able to visit Israel in 1991, I bought lots of postcards as well as took pictures.
Adolph and I did the Stations of the Cross or the Via Dolorosa.
The area in OD Jerusalem is a lot smaller than in the movies. The famous areas are crowded and the street narrow. However just being in the holy city was something that resonates with me still.
So a view of Jerusalem from the air.
The Citadel at night.
Another view of Jerusalem.
The Church of the Nations.
Jericho- The Mount of the Temptation.
Jerusalem, Jewish Quarter, remains of the "Churvah" Synagogue.
Jerusalem, the Mount of Olives.
Postcards are always a great way to have wonderful photos of many places. On that trip I did not have a digital camera- they were not around!! Just imagine if I did how many pictures I would have taken to the Holy Land. We were only there a couple of days for a business associate son's bar mitzvah. We had been touring Italy so were able to leave from Rome to visit Israel easily.
I am sure the people visiting for Holy Week are thrilled to visit where Jesus lived and died.
#Israel#Jerusalem#themountofolives#viadolorosa#Jesus#thestationsofthecross#postcardsfromJersulam#postcardsmakegreatmemories#mountoftemptation#middleeast#holyweek

No comments:

Post a Comment