Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, November 17, 2017

6 WEEEKS OR LESS TO CHRISTMAS- A COUNTDOWN

Okay. I am a Christmas groupie. I like to start early. Make a list in August. Buy little sale items year round. I learnt from my mother who had to buy for lots of people.
My List is smaller. Mostly big stuff for kids and grandkids. Little items for others like work colleagues, thank yous to service people. Of course my husband says don't buy him anything. Not happening. Already purchased a ugly Christmas sweatshirt for him.
So everyone has their own system. I like to get the cards, packages ready to be mailed end of November. So they are done and waiting for the date to be sent.
Due to reducing my work load, I actually bought an artificial tree this year. Hard on me to do it alone to buying a fresh tree and bring home and put it up. I bought a nice planter with real branches for outside. If I need the smell of evergreen trees I can cut some branches from my own trees throughout my property.
So week 6 or actually 5 1/2 is coming along nicely. Lots of little things bought. The girls are coming up with their lists for their families.
My outdoor lights will go up within the next week. I like to wait until after Remembrance Day to do that one. However with some babysitting, the lights are delayed a little. Besides. get real. My display is quite simple- little Christmas trees by the door, some strings flung along branches and some candy can lights hanging. Voila! No awards or neighbours stopping to gawk at my display.
I will decorate with only big items in the house. Little grandchildren like to touch everything. So no breakables and touchable items. If I want them to enjoy my home, I must make it enjoyable!
How are your Christmas plans going?
#Christmas#countdown#shopping#artificialtree#outdoorplanter#outdoorlights#family#Christmascards

No comments:

Post a Comment