Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, September 5, 2016

LABOUR DAY MONDAY

The last of the summer long weekends is here. A sadness that the Fall season will Rev up. School, work meetings, children's lessons, organizing for the new season, planning social events. The day is a time to reflect and well labour. What needs to be done in the yard, the house, the cleaning of the closets, organizing the photos and memorabilia from summer events, taking those winter woollies to the dry cleaners- labour day is the word for many reasons! Most women labour today. Getting everything organized for the first week back to school. For those of us without children, a good day to plan and organize those work areas. I just uploaded a new database to put my information- Evernote. Anyone else use it for their stuff? A corner of my bedroom for those quiet projects that can be done while watching TV. I have been getting lazy and just been watching without anything in my hands. So back to labour and busy but slow busy. The bedroom projects are slow ones. If an hour or so each night then something can be accomplished. Of course the computer room has the writing projects. Not fun to sit at a computer all day and all night so by taking some small projects elsewhere then can change the venue change the mood. For example, if I do two rows on my afghan stitch project then eventually it will get done. But slowly. There is always the boredom factor. Some projects are boring so having several to do can switch from one to the other to keep up the interest. Currently I am retyping and reorganizing some family histories. I find the typing or inputting of data boring but love the research piece. So  a little research, and a little typing keeps projects moving along but slowly. I have been going over all the data and trying to link with the cited sources. It's all there but reorganizing means filtering the paper. One goal is to reduce the paper and binders of the family history stuff. Then the new scanner to be installed. I needed the database to have a place to put the scanned stuff. Several family history documents are big and needed a place digitally. The word of modern family historians is to reduce the paper and be digital. Then they can be filed online and sent to relevant family members as a file or put on this blog to be read whichever is easiest for me. It is only the beginning of the season so getting started was the important part. I also find learning a new programme or installing a new device is pain staking. Unfortunately I do not have an electronic, computer savvy spouse so any new gadget takes more time for me than others to get it functional, I assume! So Labouring on this Monday can be tiring but needed. Workstations for those mentioned jobs are going well! I even found a moment to do a post!

2 comments:

  1. most of your kids/grandkids are computer savvy and can show you how to install new programmes and your new scanner ... get their help ... I use Evernote all the time ... I quickly upgraded to Evernote Premium ... it has a wealth of extras to make everything easier, plus unlimited storage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Premium does seem appealing. I will probably upgrade soon. I just wanted to get started with it.

    ReplyDelete