Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, September 19, 2016

TORONTO-SPORTS HAVEN

There are sports events year round. Of course, The Blue Jays- baseball, The Argonauts-football, The FC-soccer, The Raptors- basketball and The Toronto Maple Leafs- hockey. And the Marlies!

The Rogers Centre- I still like the name Skydome, oh well and the Air Canada Centre host many events.
 Just had a beach volleyball tournament held here with international players. Last year's Pan Am Games still resonate with me! Sports at younger levels have Elementary and High Schools and Universities playing their games. Track is good. Volleyball is good. And all sports that one participates. There are the amateur road runners and joggers out every day in the GTA. Then there are the walkers!
I think the Grey Cup is coming back to the city. So if not an athlete, at least there is lots to see and teams to applaud! How about your place- what are your sports? Do you enjoy the participation?

1 comment:

  1. football, watching with feet up in my recliner, coffee in my hand ...

    ReplyDelete