Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, June 9, 2016

PUSHING THROUGH THE NEGATIVE ENERGY

What of the most difficulties in life is trying to stay focused when those around you are full of negative energy and thoughts. Caring about a person or situation then confronted with the toxicity that can exist. Finding personal and professional space away from it takes skill and strategies. Unfortunately in many work situations there are joint decisions and joint work spaces that can make it tiring. Lunch breaks away from everyone gives some space. Another strategy is put the client as the focus. What does the client need, not your needs? Not judging or personalizing the problems can give the clinical perspective more depth. Listening to every one's perspective is okay but those whose scope of practise do not need to be in the mix then they should not. For example, at a program meeting when we are asked to vote on the post op orders, I sustain as it is medical for the nurse and doctor involved. If I found a typo, okay then say something. It is not my area of expertise so I leave it to those who have devised the information. What do I know about nursing procedures or what pain medication to use!  Do I expect the same courtesy in my work? Yes! Strong teams can have differing opinions but the various disciplines are stand alone and need to be respected.

1 comment: