Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, June 3, 2016

A WEEKEND OF GENEALOGY-OGS CONFERENCE 2016

Finally I will be going to the Ontario Genealogical Conference. Being held this year in Toronto by the Pearson Airport which makes it handy by plane, car and bus apparently over 600 have signed up to come. Signed up in February and registered early last night so I can try to make some Friday sessions. But all day Saturday and Sunday is full so booked a room to stay overnight at the hotel to take in as many of the activities and sessions as possible. I made a one sheet fact sheet of all my maternal and paternal lines as well as my husband's names as I have done his genealogy as well to share with anyone who wants to share. Apparently there could be a wall of names for others to see so probably put it there.Don't know if I will know anyone. Perhaps meet some people from the many branches where I am a member! The theme is Genealogy on the Cutting Edge. So lots of information about the technology and the now must do- DNA testing. For me to find ways to organize my information from the binders- although I love my binders to more digital so it can be shared readily and cheaper to connect with those who are interested. Of course that will be another project for the future. So there could be some posts reflecting on this experience! Stay tuned!

1 comment: