Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, February 7, 2014

SOCHI SOCHI-LOVE OF THE OLYMPICS

Are you an Olympic groupie? I love the Olympics. In the last 20 years it has been more enjoyable to watch them with Canadians actually winning medals. Despite any negative press about how ready Sochi is, I like Lisa La Flamme's enthusiasm last night on CTV news. She was positive and looking forward to the Opening Ceremonies. It makes me wonder how much world bad press there was about our amazing Vancouver Olympics. Calgary hosting in 1988 was quite incredible too! I believe the Russians will be great hosts and showcase their culture well. Oh yes since 1972 there has to be realms of security-such a pity. But the crazies of the world use a positive world event for their cause. Here's to all the athletes, coaches and parents who make this happen. I know where Sochi is on the world map and am learning more about Russian geography in that area. Here's to Sochi-let the games begin! I am sure there will be lots of thrills. Since there has been a worry about snow-here in my area we have snowbanks full of the white stuff. So you can come and get some of ours anytime. To my Russian readers-some friendly competition-let's see who will win the Hockey-it is a Canadian invention!

No comments:

Post a Comment