Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, February 27, 2014

SO WHAT IS A HEALTHY DIET?

Healthy eating is all the rage! Or is it? Since my late teens I have been aware to eat healthy. I was one of those people before I became pregnant I started to review my diet so the food during pregnancy would be healthy. Basically all food groups according to the Canada Food Guide. Yes I still eat meat but not every day. Yes I eat carbs but limit the number I eat every day. Yes chocolate is a food group!!! Many diets and food groupies like vegans, vegetarians, never eat carbs, never eat meat etc. claim they have the answer and will live the longest!! Really. Ponce de Leon tried to find the fountain of youth and well he did not make it. Eating all the minerals and vitamins needed for your body is what really counts. Have you ever found people on the latest diet eliminating a food group often can be crabby? Diabetics with low sugars can be crabby! Being hungry makes a person crabby! Do you ever feel people are obsessed with their eating and their bodies? So why am I writing this today! Perhaps I am a little bored of all the judgements floating around on what a person is eating! Do you ever have a friend that says-we are eating healthy now! Okay what were you eating previously? Eating lots of fruit and vegetables is good. Some fruit juice is okay too. Recently fending off a cold, I drank orange juice because one orange would not cut it for me. Actually it was hot orange juice. A hot drink always soothes the throat! Remember don't drink coffee or wine and now it is discovered appropriate amounts are actually good for you!! So is there a secret! Perhaps just a good old fashioned balanced diet with the occasional dessert! The two Canadians I knew who lived well and over 100 years old had this kind of diet. Not Mediterrean or vegan or whatever but just an ordinary one! Hum-but they were active and threw in some moderate exercise! So eating balanced and moving! What a novel concept! So perhaps I should market it! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment