Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, July 4, 2014

CANADA-FRIENDS WITH AMERICA-HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

As our American neighbours celebrate the 4th of July, it is time to say thank you for being our neighbours. Yes Canadians have their own history and culture. We are a salad bowl and not a melting pot. It has been over 200 years since there has been any conflict with them- the War of 1812 that actually ended in 1814.We agree to disagree like good friends do. Democracies not dictatorships so our political ideologies are similar. I do not have to go to bed at night knowing that someone hates me and would love to eliminate my country and kill my children and grandchildren. Peace, harmony and friendship have come at a cost. So as they celebrate let's watch and enjoy. We can be our Canada- the true north, strong and free as well as give a wave to our friends to the south. Happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment