Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, June 17, 2024

FATHER'S DAY WITHOUT A DAD

 For most of us we knew our Dad.

When that Dad passes away, it is a huge loss in our lives. 

Father's Day brings it home. But to embrace the good times and the bad times we had, remembering is okay.

Some children were deserted by their fathers and did not know them.

I had two Dads. My biological Dad and the Dad that adopted me. I always knew them both and saw them both. 

It was not confusing for me but when I mention it to others, they get confused.

It is my family story and legacy.

So for those missing their Dad last Father's Day, I am with you.

Today, however is 7 years since my step-dad died. So remembering is what I am doing.

It is coming up to 4 years since Adolph died. I know my girls and grandchildren are missing him.

Their Girl Dad.

#dads#father'sdaywithoutadad#knowingyourdad#biologicaldad#stepdad#rememberingadad#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment