Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, June 10, 2021

MORNING WALKS REJUVENATE THE SOUL

 Getting out and walking before too many people hit the streets helps with the start of a joyous day. It is the one that includes a hill. Good for the legs.

I like to encounter few people when I walk. 

The physical distancing can be tricky. Not needing to wear the mask I have around my wrist keeps me free.

My walk is mostly just for exercise. The faster I walk the faster I return home. 

My body feels it. 

Sometimes I try to relish in the moment and listen to all the sounds around me. There are several bird species that chirp and sing in one field I go by.

The traffic sounds hum along on one stretch along Major Mackenzie. I like to get away from that stretch quickly as I am too visible to others. 

I do not wear any tight, skimpy gear for my walks. I am not trying to make a fashion statement.

So I am trying to get out earlier every day so I can start on my other duties of the day.

My afternoon walk is on a flat surface and has some trees for shade. The noon sun can be quite hot at times. 

Walking is easy. Now to try to include some stretches and weights in my daily routine is next.

How about you? Do you like walking? If so how far do you go? 

#walking#morningwalks#walkingisgoodforthesoul#thebodyneedslotsofgoodexerciseandwalkingisone#walkingupahill#doyouliketowalk#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment