Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, June 30, 2021

JUNE 30 DESIGNATED A DAY OF LISTENING FOR RECONCILIATION

 With more unmarked graves and knowing more will be found in other residential schools, a time to listen and reflect.

Many radio stations are having survivors tell their stories and thoughts.

So no opinion but to listen.

But I must tell you it is not new history to me.

I studied Indian or as it is now called Indigenous History in High School and University.

We studied about native culture in Grade 7 and 8 Social Studies not just Canadian but all North America like the Aztecs in Mexico.


We can heal together.

My bookshelf is full of books over 50 years of history and art.

So new thinking but also been aware.

I have native art on my walls.

I always thought to buy the books, the art, the jewelry was one way to be inclusive and diverse.

The number to call if needed for support is 1-866-925-4419

What about you? What are you doing for reflection?

#dayoflistening#dayofreflecting#honouringourindigenouscommunity#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment