Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 18, 2021

WHAT TO DO IN AN ISOLATED LOCKDOWN

 Being single or widowed or alone is new and hard to adjust to it.

Having to stay home during lockdown is not easy for anyone.

I understand. But now I want to talk about me.

What am I doing?

I decided that 6 weeks is not the end of the world.

I have decided to get on with it.

So the backyard cleanup a little each day. 20 to 30 minutes will suffice.

Clean the dusty corners. Again a little at a time.

Daily phones calls with family, friends and maybe I will answer those calls wanting to know if I want my ducts cleaned.

Use my resources at hand and if sitting and staring put knitting needles or photos or something to keep my hands busy with an activity.

Of course writing those family stories. Genealogy research is always a joy. Or it used to be.

Be outside on my outdoor furniture. I have a table and chairs both in the front and back. Just being outside does lift the spirits. Sun on my face. Listening to the birds singing, chirping or whatever they do. 

Trying to fix the little repairs in my home. 

Order a meal a couple of times monthly.

Read.

Garden,

Craft.

Clean.

Write.

Breathe. Be thankful for the day.

6 weeks is doable. Then maybe there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Of course my second vaccine shot in July is getting closer.

How about you? Do you have lockdown in your area?

#managinga6weeklockdown#socialsupportsaresonecessary#beingaloneishard#usingthetimewisely#tryingtostaypositive#lookingforwardtobettertimes#beinggladtobealive#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro



No comments:

Post a Comment