Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, April 16, 2021

NO SELF HELP BOOK FOR COVID SURVIVAL

 Over the years I have used many self help books personally and professionally.

Some of the hints and advice seem rather trite now.

We are tired.

We fed up with COVID.

We are concerned about our family. 

We concerned about our health and social services. 

We are concerned about our community.

We are just concerned.

Usually a cheerleader I find myself not having much to cheer about.

I cheered when I got my first vaccine shot. Now one daughter has one.

I wait for other family members to get their vaccines.

Purple for healing.


It is our hope.

So what advice.

Hang in there.

One step in front of the other.

There is a silver lining.

Look for the helpers.

Get what I mean. Trite. 

Trying to cook and clean and organize is rote. I go through the motions.

Keep busy. Keep active. Zoom your heart away.

I miss the social. I make phone calls. I text. I email. I even send the odd card.

If we could see the real light at the end of the tunnel it would seem more doable.

So venting I think is the best way to cope. Or in my case I listen to my stressed out daughters coping with all they have in their lives. Then I feel useful. They need a listening ear.

So what are you doing to cope without a self help book?

#noselfhelpbookforcovid#howtocopeinapandemic#areyoucoping#howareyoudoingthroughitall#whatkeepsyoubusy#doyouhavehope#haveyoulosthope#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment