Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, April 2, 2021

REMEMBER TO REACH OUT TO THOSE FACING A FIRST EASTER WITHOUT A LOVED ONE

 I get amused by people who talk about someone they lost 10 or 20 years ago. But then there is someone in front of them facing a first without a loved one and they do and say nothing.

Grief is an interesting journey. One discovers those that are really the good people. The caring. The compassionate.

Then there are those people that do nothing, say nothing and avoid you a short time after the death.



It actually starts when someone is ill. 

Even though the door was always open or contact a phone call away, the lack of support was evident.

For those that reached out always precious in my heart and soul.

My girls and I have been the ones to reach out always. 

But we are not povera me people/ poor me.

We do not post about our loss constantly. It does not mean it is not there.

So in your life are there people who have suffered losses and could do with some support?

Please do not use COVID as an excuse. I am tired of hearing that excuse too.

Many people would love a little human touch of humanity right now. Unless you have gone through a huge loss, it may be difficult to comprehend how much your thoughts and contact means to someone.

So who are you reaching out to today?

#reachingouttoothersduringaloss#firsteasterwithoutalovedone#rememberingthosewhohavesufferedaloss#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment