Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, December 29, 2020

WILL 2021 BE BETTER? BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!

 2020 with all the health issues, disasters and yes COVID-19.

Just a year. The good, the bad and the ugly.

The toil on humankind.

The worst year in history. Probably not. But a bad one, none the less!!

Most people I know can't wait for the new year! Will it be better?

Well with vaccines coming for everyone, perhaps the threat of COVID-19 will in check. Not gone but in check.

So evaluating what 2020 taught us can be an end of year task. Many lives changed forever. Many lives lost forever.



Looking at 2021 for me just means moving forward. No great expectations. No big plans. Just small manageable goals. Activities that will bring me some pleasure. Activities that include family especially my precious grandchildren.

Why I say be careful what you wish for is the fact that the year is starting the way it ended? COVID is not over. 

So keeping expectations in check may help with the mood. It is good to get excited about the new year.

Hope is a good thing. 

I know I hope for the better. But I am realistic and know it will take time. So using the months of slow recovery, yes slow recovery wisely. 

My main wish is not to get COVID-19. Nor any of my family. Second wish is not to give it to anyone else.

Third wish to keep on trekking in this thing we call life.

Fourth wish to do things in Adolph's memory. Like a better version of our cookbook for example.

After that I will just see what comes along.

So what are you wishing for in 2021?

#2020#2021#becarefulwhatyouwishfor#whatare2021goals#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#hopeisagoodthing#remembertokeepontrekking#

No comments:

Post a Comment